The book everyone has been asking for. Developed by using over 55 years of experience and knowledge by two titans in the peer support and trauma management world and best-known speakers on police trauma survival.
Staff Sergeant (ret’d.) Brad McKay co-founder of the York Regional Quad-Services Critical Incident and Peer Support Teams and Staff Sergeant (ret’d.) Sylvio (Syd) Gravel, M.O.M., co-founder of the Ottawa Police Service’s Robin’s Blue Circle – an informal post shooting trauma peer team in existence since 1988. Both have been giving lectures and speeches on peer support and trauma management for years and now they have put all of their knowledge in Walk the Talk – First Responder Peer Support.
- Protecting Society’s Protectors
- Assessing an Organization’s Awareness
- Getting Management Onside
- Organizational Pre-Hiring Preparedness
- Organizational Support for Families
- Middle Management Leadership
- Developing CISM Teams
- Developing Peer Support Teams
- Staffing CISM and Peer Support Teams
- Organizational Training for CISM and Peer Support Teams
- How a CISM and Peer Support System Can Work
- Walking the Talk – The Last Word
- Survivor’s Testimonials